Immigrate to Canada

There are currently more than 65 programs available for immigrating to Canada. Once you become a permanent resident of Canada, you can stay and work as long as you wish, and study for local tuition fees! Immigrating Canada doesn’t mean that you give up your original citizenship; you can be a permanent resident of Canada AND a citizen of your country.

Major Programs under Economic Classes

Canadian Experience Class

This is ideal if you have at least one year of full time (30 hours/week for 12 months or equivalent) skilled work experience (from jobs defined by the Canadian National Occupational Classification as level 0, A or B) obtained through temporary permits such as Post Graduation Work Permit and Working Holiday Visa in Canada. There is no education requirement for this class; however, having higher academic credentials will increase your score in Express Entry (online application management system).

Federal Skilled Worker Class

This is ideal if you have foreign skilled work experience (managerial, professional, or technical jobs) for at least one year of full time continuous work (30 hours/week for 12 months or equivalent). To be eligible to apply, candidates must meet the minimum requirements for work, language ability (CLB 7: IELTS General 6.0), education and obtain at least 67 points under the programs’100-point grid. The program’s selection factors include age, education, work experience, arranged employment, language ability and adaptability.

Federal Trade Worker Class

a. This is ideal if you have work experience in the skilled trade for at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) during the five previous years. Eligible trades occupations are industrial, electrical and construction trades, maintenance and equipment operation trades, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators, chefs and cooks, and butchers and bakers. The language ability (CLB 5 in speaking and listening, CLB4 in reading and writing) and either a full-time offer of employment in that skilled trade for at least one year or holding a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade from a Canadian provincial or territorial authority is required.

Provincial Nominee Worker Class

This is ideal if you don’t meet the requirements of any of the above classes. Most provinces in Canada have an agreement with Canadian Federal Government that allows them to nominate immigrants who wish to settle in and make an immediate economic contribution to the province or territory. Each province has its own unique streams (programs) to attract potential immigrants and the criteria and requirements vary among the provinces. Candidates are intended to stay in the province to be nominated after immigration to Canada.

Do you want to immigrate to Canada? Let us help.